flip – disability equality in the arts supports organisations of all sizes to embed disability equality within the fabric of their working practice.
flip is Robert Gale and Mairi Taylor who together have 16 years of experience working with organisations to impact on equality within the arts for disabled people.
“Mairi and Robert have been a great team to work with. They have been understanding and encouraging whilst not afraid to challenge us. It has been tough to hold up everything we do for scrutiny and to question our beliefs. In short – refreshing, challenging and effective.”
Jackie Westbrook, Marketing and Communications Director, Edinburgh International Festival
flip exists to support arts organisations to embed equalities practice throughout their work and in the last year and a half has supported a variety of partners.
How can flip work with you? Is this you?
- Want to further develop your equalities strategy?
- Don’t know where to start with an Action Plan?
- Looking for new, resource light ways of addressing all equalities strands?
- Want effective ways of involving disabled people or people from different backgrounds?
- Need to enhance evidence of work in this area to stakeholders, including funders?
flip enables the organisations we work with to overcome the challenges associated with ingraining disability equality in all that they do. flip responds to an organisation’s needs and current position. Our work to date – with Edinburgh International Festival, Federation of Scottish Theatre, National Theatre of Scotland, engage Scotland and many others – has been responsive to the specific needs of each company, whether that called for one off training days or more sustained projects. Regardless of size, art form and resources we will work with you to find creative and flexible solutions.
Working with flip will result in benefits that impact directly on day to day activities and long-term development:
- Increased confidence in responding to disability equality issues
- Increased awareness of these issues
- Understanding of current legislation and obligations
- Creative solutions to embedding disability equality
- Cost effective short term gains and long term objective setting
“Both Mairi and Robert were excellent in being able to give examples specific to our organisation which was invaluable. “
Anne McCluskey, General Manager, Tron Theatre, Glasgow
Get in touch to find out how we could work with you.
flip’s other main areas of activity include information provision through our website and Facebook network, producing Access Scottish Theatre, working with and supporting disabled artists in their development and undertaking evaluation for partners. Please see our Projects page for further information.
flip is at the end of the phone or inbox to offer quick advice.